- The Piano Trio Society is a registered charity, no 1067071, which was founded in 1995 with the aim of raising the profile of this important musical genre.
- We provide a network for professional trios, encourage links with composers, organize master classes for student trios, sponsor lectures on the piano trio and its history, and seek in general to give it a more prominent role in the musical scene.
- Our reach is international and includes professional trios, composers, teachers, students, amateur players and others – we welcome everyone who values the piano trio medium and would like to support its development.
- The Society was founded by violinist Jane Faulkner
- The President of the Society is Peter Frankl
- Vice Presidents are Howard Blake OBE FRAM, Michael Bochmann MBE, David Owen Norris, Robert Max and Christine Talbot-Cooper
- Trustees of the Society are:
Jane Faulkner (Chair)
Melvyn Cooper (Vice Chair)
Christine Talbot-Cooper (Administrator/Treasurer)
- Other Trustees are Bobby Chen and Dr Mary Dullea.